No time is quite like the festive season in India! What seems to be a very relaxing time with the holidays, can be very tiring because you have to attend so many social gatherings, and are expected to look your best, be it the subdued celebrations of the gated community you live in, the wedding season shenanigans that seem never-ending, or just an evening invite to a quite supper at one of your relatives. And with the ever-increasing pollution that seems to worsen with every passing day, it is imperative to keep a check on your skincare regime. Even though what might seem like a period of merrymaking, the holidays can be very stressful. Typical dry weather coupled with a hike in calorie intake (sweets, savories, fried items) makes it extremely difficult to keep a tab on how much your skin suffers during this season of chaos in India. With celebrations galore, visiting friends and family, shopping, cleaning the house, the hectic schedule does not allow you a lot of breathing space, ultimately affecting your skin.
However, going back to a few of the basics of skincare helps immensely while treading across this period of skin overexposure. Here are a few, to keep your skin healthy, refreshed and ready.
- Deep cleanse – Now is the time to step-up the cleanse routine. With extra pollutants in the air, dirt, as well as inconsistent weather that takes the skin through a roller-coaster of vulnerability, it is important to make sure your skin gets the most natural treatment it deserves. Using a basic facewash once during the day and night will make sure your skin remains fresh and nourishing.
- Moisturize – Always a good idea to apply moisturizer to your skin regularly. The festive season is often dry in this part of the world, and if you are not moisturizing on a regular basis, your skin will start to show signs of stress. It is important to acknowledge the importance of moisturizing in any season, especially this one. Even if you were to apply make-up before heading out, it is always a good idea to use moisturizer first.
- Hydrate – It is always best to keep yourself hydrated any given time of the year, but more so during this time of the year. While it is next to impossible trying to limit your food intake, more so during this season, what works efficiently is to drink one glass of water for every savory or sweet you eat. Not only does it help with better metabolism, but also keeps your skin fresh.
- Destress – Facemasks are one of the most practical ways of destressing. It helps get rid of impurities from the skin with very satisfying results. Try putting on a facemask to destress and take your mind off things. A relaxing face-mask session will not only help with your state of mind, it will also exfoliate your face and get rid of dead cells with immediate effect.
- Make-up removal – Removing make-up before calling it a day is vital. And even though it may not seem like much, leaving it overnight does have adverse effects on your skin. We get it – you got back late, and after a tiresome day, all you want to do is to hit the bed – just before you do so though, push yourself to gently get that make-up off before resting your eyes. No rinse required.
Let’s face it that is an eventful time of the year when you are always jostling multiple things at a time. But it is important to remember to take care of yourself first and foremost, and the rest will follow.
Author Bio: Working from a Vedaearth, Deepka has become an avid blogger in a very short span. She aims to reach as many people as possible across the country to educate the women on the benefits of Ayurveda and Aromatherapy.