Women have scaled the heights of the corporate world and are important contributors in the company revenue. Being very capable and resourceful, they have landed in roles that require them to travel extensively. They make up a huge portion of the total number of business travellers. When they go places, they are prone to a lot of safety concerns such as robbery, assault, dupes and the like. Many women, while travelling, have encountered situations that were extremely unpleasant. If you are one of those who have experienced similar troubles, then don’t worry. In your next journey, get in touch with a global travel manager and incorporate these useful pointers to keep yourself safe and sound.
- Avoid carrying heavy luggage. Instead carry the ones that are light weight so that you are always quick when on the move.
- It is better to keep your family and friends always in the loop about your travel plans. Leave a copy of your itinerary with your family, so they’d have some clue about your whereabouts.
- A GPS is a saviour on unfamiliar terrains. Always keep one at hand when driving a rented car in a strange place.
- Higher professional corporate travel agencies who provide special car transfer services For woman. So you can travel solo at any time of the day or night, all that is required is a commute service you can trust.
- There is double the trouble when your smartphone runs out of battery. A smart move is to buy a USB car charger and keep your mobile plugged in when driving the car. That way your device will always be replenished with energy. Don’t forget to charge your mobile in the hotel room too.
- When travelling, it is common to find your things go missing and uncommon to get them back again. And when those things are your super important documents like passport, then you are in big trouble. Always ensure to keep a photocopy of such documents with you, so that getting a replacement of it when abroad, will be a breeze.
- Befriending strangers on the way can be added as one of the biggest mistakes of your life. Criminals and pickpockets see women solo travellers as easy targets. Do not reveal too much about yourself to unknown people unless you want to be taken advantage of. Remaining incognito is the best way to stay safe. If any conversation veers off into weirdness, don’t be afraid to cut it off. And last but not least, never ever welcome a stranger into your room.
- Planning in advance keeps you one step ahead of setbacks. Make a thorough plan regarding accommodation, your way around the place, about nearby hospitals, and most importantly (especially when you are travelling abroad) know about the proximity of your country’s embassy. Don’t let troubles take you by surprise.
- Stashing away your money in one place is a big risk. Keep little amounts of cash here and there; maybe some in your pocket, a little in your purse, a few notes in your luggage, and the rest elsewhere, so that even if you get mugged, but manage to be alive, you would still have the financial resources to keep you going.
Now that you’ve gone through these words of wisdom, do put them in practice and see yourself always out of trouble. When you are on your next business mission, avail corporate travel services of an agency and get your mission accomplished. corporatetraveller.co.in provides the best services in business travel. Click the above link for more information.
Author Bio: An experienced writer, Richa has been in the writing industry for over 14 years. With an MBA degree, she focuses on writing about different advancements in the business industry. Working from a Corporate Treveller, she has become an avid blogger in a very short span.