A busy day and no time to cook an elaborate meal? A party and you want to keep the main course ready? Want to bake a cake? You can do any of these and much more in a simple stainless steel pressure cooker. Everyone who has ever cooked knows how handy it is to have one in your kitchen! Now, tempted to buy the latest model?
If you want pressure cookers buy online! That is the easiest way to go about it.
So, wondering what you can rustle up in a stainless steel pressure cooker?
- Just imagine — a flavourful and satisfying bisibele bath, that Karnataka one-pot meal comprising dals, rice and veggies — for instance! After a day’s work, you can just combine all these ingredients and have your meal ready.
- If you are a fan of layered biriyanis, nothing like a pressure cooker to get it done in no time.
- Craving a nice chicken curry? You can churn out one in quick time, thanks to your stainless steel pressure cooker.
- In a mood for some nourishing soup? Brown some onions and garlic, add stock and corn and simmer them. Pressure cook for about two whistles and all the flavours are blended. You can garnish with coriander or celery and some herbs and your corn soup is ready for a cold winter night! So, if you want one of these pressure cookers, buy online and experience the magic for yourself.
- If you are a fan of some lentils like rajma or channa, a pressure cooker is definitely going to come in handy. Soak these overnight and then pressure cook them. Once the lentils are cooked, you can use a tadka/seasoning of jeera, ginger-garlic paste, onions, tomatoes, some garam masala and chilli powder and blend in the cooked lentils. Similarly, you can use frozen/dried peas as well.
- You can even cook a range of desserts in your stainless steel pressure cooker. Grated carrots, some milk and sugar can be boiled together in the cooker for a carrot halwa! A sweet pongal dish, a combination of rice and moong dal with sugar or jaggery, can be made effortlessly in a pressure cooker. You can make a range of steamed breads/cakes. One of the most popular steamed cakes is a banana steamed cake.
By now you have enough reasons why you would need a pressure cooker at home. The duration taken to cook different items varies, depending on whether it is a tough lentil or a soft grain or vegetable.
Once you finish cooking, you would need to let the cooker to cool down before you open the lid. Pressure cooking retains flavours and nutrients, so you can eat a tasty and healthy meal. You can cut down on oil and still cook perfectly boiled food! What’s more, pressure cooking is the fastest way to cook ingredients that would otherwise take hours to boil!
So, don’t want any longer! Check out pressure cookers, buy online and before you know, it is in your kitchen.
POLL: Which is your favourite pressure cooker dish and why?