If you think Goa is all about its beaches and lazing around, think again! Goa has a range of festivals, including cultural and literary, for you to experience. Stay in one of the 5 star resorts in Goa and plan your schedules around these festivals. There is no dearth of luxury resorts in Goa, so head to one of them and have the time of your life.
- One of the must-attend festivals in Goa is the Carnival. Everyone who wants to let their hair down and feel the pulse of Goa is at the Carnival, which is held around the time of Lent. Colourful floats, flowers, balloons, masks, dancing are all part of the Carnival which is held across all the important cities. On the last day, a ball is held in Panaji. Experience the pulsing music and joy of the Carnival sometime in February every year. Plan a stay in one of the luxury resorts in Goa so you can experience the Carnival in all its glory.
- Yet another such festival is Sao Joao, which is feast of St John. The festival marks the arrival of the monsoon, and there is joy and revelry on the streets. People dance on the streets to celebrate the onset of the rainy season. This festival is held on June 24, so plan you stay in one of the 5 star resorts in Goa.
- Christmas and New Year are the best time to be in Goa, where celebrations reach the peak! There is colour, joy, revelry, music and great food. Christmas trees in every home are decked up, the churches are lit up and there is carol singing in every corner. It is indeed the time to be in Goa, so you certainly must plan a trip to this beautiful land during this time of the year.
- The Feast of St Francis Xavier is another opportunity to celebrate. This feast is held from late November till early January, and is a great chance for you to understand the cultural and religious ethos of Goa. People throng the state from far and wide for this feast, so you would need to book in advance at one of the luxury resorts in Goa.
- Goa also plays host to other extravaganzas such as the Sunburn Festival, a music fest, a food and cultural festival, the ad fest and a range of literary and film festivals.
Pick a time of the year, and there is some or the other festival happening in Goa. It is after-all a party destination for people all over the country. Goa is one of the top tourist destinations in the country. You would have to make your bookings well in advance if you want to stay in one of the 5 star resorts in Goa. Plan your holiday well and enjoy the many festivities!
POLL: Which is the one destination in India you would love to visit for its revelry and festivities?