A wedding day is a momentous day. No one remember the day with fonder memory than the couple, especially the bride. It is truly a day for her to shine, to look her best. Well, the wedding is only complete with a great Mangalsutra. This necklace, signifying the holy bond of matrimony, has to be continued to be worn by the bride, throughout her life. A set of black beads fastened and held together by means of a yellow thread or a gold chain, together with pendant, makes up a Mangalsutra. This beautiful piece of jewellery has various designs, to suit varied tastes. That is why, some women find it difficult to pick the perfect Mangalsutra.
You must consider one of the gold jewellery stores in Delhi & Mumbai to pick up a nice Mangalsutra.
Below, is suggested not a plan or blueprint but a logical conclusive way of selecting a Mangalsutra that you love, for yourself.
- Factor in the cost:- The cost of the Mangalsutra you want should always be kept in mind. There are various designs, metals and cuts that determine the price of a Mangalsutra. Deciding upon a fixed budget, albeit even with a slight provision will allow you to shortlist Mangalsutra’s and ultimately pick one with ease.
- Choose the pendant size:- Choose the pendant size carefully. This will depend on your usage. If you are going to wear it every day, choose a smaller, more convenient design as opposed to a large one, which will be tough to maintain if worn on a daily basis. Going for a large, expensive design only makes sense if you are going to wear it occasionally.
- Choose between metal and diamonds:- Gold is a common metal used for most Mangalsutra’s, but nowadays, they are being made in a variety of other metals. You also need to take a decision as to whether you want diamonds. Those who want their jewellery to be light will prefer gold.
- Colour of the Mangalsutra:- This is when you need to choose whether you want your Mangalsutra to be just black beads or gold beads or a mix and match of both. Keep your regular outfits in mind, when making this choice. It’ll be easier to pair a Mangalsutra which has a balance of black and gold beads, with anything, even western wear.
- Choose the shape:- Round shaped Mangalsutra’s are common, but so are heart-shaped and V-shaped one’s. Again, this depends on the usage. If this is something you’ll wear every day, it is wiser to go for a shorter length as opposed to a long one.
While the above tips can help you narrow down your choices, last but not the least, always check the jewellery for authenticity.
Jewellery stores in Mumbai, Jaipur, Delhi, Kolkata, Cuttack & Indore are a favorite place to shop, for brides-to-be, with regards to wedding jewellery. There is always a vast collection of fine bridal jewellery to be browsed. Guidance is provided at each step, to aid the decision making process easier. After all, it is the start of a great new phase in life! It deserves nothing but the best.